Babysitters have revealed their top ten UK parent’s cheekiest habits.
Among the habits were the smuggling of extra kids leaving sitters with more children than originally agreed and ‘worse for wear’ parents being unable to count.
Despite one perk being that sometimes the sitter can achieve generous tips the sitters surveyed revealed they don’t take the hint when strategically placed washing is left with the iron and ironing board in the living room.
Also on the pet-peeve list is parents who cancel last minute and unexpected pets with one “dog-o-phobic” sitter spending two hours in a bathroom, hiding from the family pooch.
The research was carried out by Bubble, a recently launched social babysitting app that lets parents find, book and pay local babysitters that their friends already know, use and trust.
Aggregated ratings are then displayed on a user’s profile and help determine how high sitters are ranked in a parent’s search and how likely a parent is to get their Sit Request met.
The app also helps parents by timing the precise length of a Sit and automatically calculating the price, before allowing them to pay in a tap.
Find out more at www.joinbubble.com.
The Top Ten List Of Babysitter’s Pet-Peeves
1. The “smuggle”: Adding friends’ kids to the sit without asking first.
2. The “math fail”: Spending 20 awkward minutes calculating the price and looking for exact change, and still getting it wrong.
3. The “unexpected pet”: Not mentioning the pets that sitters are either allergic to or terrified of.
4. The “round down”: Calculating the final price according to the previous round number, not the next.
5. The “subtle hint”: Strategically placing a stack of creased shirts, iron and ironing board out in the TV room.
7. The “late cancel”: Even on New Years Eve.
8. The “sleep guarantee”: Insisting that the kids will be sound asleep when you know they probably won’t.
9. The “just one more”: Nudging back home-time again and again because you’ve got a rare taste of freedom.
10. The “School Bug”: Not mentioning that the kids were struck down with something contagious the day before.