OVER the last two weeks it’s been results, results, results…
But what are students going to do next?
From university to job hunting for many people the decision still hasn’t been made yet.
If you’re somewhere inbetween university and job hunting one option available in Belfast Met which has a whole range of courses from A Levels, Higher National Certificates and Diplomas to a Foundation Degree, which may lead to a place in a university.
Here are some reasons why Belfast Met could be a good choice:
1. The majority of the courses are direct entry which means you do not have to apply via UCAS
2. Many of their higher education courses are designed in association with employers to equip students with the skills, knowledge and understanding demanded by industry
3. They provide a wide range part-time Higher Education (HE) courses which gives students the flexibility of working and studying at the same time
4. You can study part-time HE course from only £420
5. For anyone who has completed GCSE’s or BTEC’s, they also offer a wide range of courses ranging from Apprenticeships, A Levels and a suite of vocational programmes at Levels 1, 2 and 3 in areas such as ICT, Art and Design, Media Production to Business and Construction.
6. Open to current and potential applicants to Belfast Met, individual careers consultations are available for learners who require more in-depth guidance in relation to course options in the College and associated or potential career outcomes.
Daily until Friday Sept 4
Careers advice will be available from 9.15am to 4pm through their Careers Drop In service which operates from the Titanic Quarter Careers Resource Centre, Level 2, Room 60.
Thursday August 20
Choices & Options Information session for post GCSE applicants will run at 10.30am, 12pm and 3pm in the Lecture Theatre at Titanic Quarter Campus.
Friday August 28
Clearing Day 9am – 12pm at Titanic Quarter
Wednesday September 2
Go along to the Part Time recruitment day
For more information about Belfast Met’s full-time prospectus or part-time prospectus log onto www.belfastmet.ac.uk.